Sunday 27 January 2013

Matte Top Coat





Quite a while ago I met up with a friend and we had a day out shopping and having lunch.
We went into Boots because she was looking for a matte black nail varnish. We looked everywhere but couldn't find it so she asked one of the sales assistants if they had it. She was told that there was no such thing as a matte black nail varnish but that there was a top coat that made any nail varnish turn matte when you applied it. 
So she decided to get it and me being someone that has to have everything wanted to get it too. The only problem was that the last one had been taken by my friend. So I just said never mind and forgot about it. 
A couple of days later I was in another Boots and I remembered, so I picked it up and was eager to try it.

My thoughts:

The first thing I thought was that it was quite expensive for a top coat ( I know it's supposed to mattify and everything but £4.95 is still quite steep).

So I applied it over my black nail varnish and I have to say that I was impressed how quickly it dried. It also was impressive how it mattified the black (I had had my doubts).

The downside to it is that (for me) the matte effect does not last very long. Maybe a day or so which is disappointing considering the price and it also states on the bottle that it lasts up to 10 days. Well I definitely haven't found that.

I will keep on using it because it does give a nice unique effect to your nails, however it definitely wasn't one of my best buys and I probably won't be repurchasing it when/if it runs out.

So just be aware that if you were/are thinking of buying it, it probably won't have a very long lasting matte effect.

I have heard that Essie nail polish does a clear matte coat but it costs around £8 and if it lasts like the Rimmel one I'm not too sure I would brush of the fact that is isn't very good as easily as I have this one. 

Tell me have any of you used the Rimmel one? Did you find the same problem as me or did you think it lasted a good amount of time?

Also if anyone has got or tried out the Essie one let me know what it is like, I would love to know. Just leave me a comment :)

Izzy 
xxx


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my fave top coats. literally transforms the colour.

    Looks great on pastel shades

    Love the blog

    bekasbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete